Nowadays, the appearance and functionality of the chassis have been severely homogenized. Some tricks such as dust-proof, radiation-proof, full-side penetration, silent, and lower power supply have been played by chassis manufacturers. In the near future, various chassis Manufacturers have begun to play with the case of vertically installed graphics cards. At the beginning, most of the vertical installation of graphics cards were on split water-cooled computers, or the graphics cards must be installed vertically because of the limited space of the mini case. However, what is called today’s graphics cards. For the case of vertical installation, vertical installation is not limited by space. So does the vertical installation of the graphics card lose performance? Is it good to install the graphics card vertically?
1>Vertically mounted graphics card
At present, the vertical mounting case can be divided into two types, one requires a separate purchase of the vertical mounting bracket for the graphics card, and the other requires 7+2 and 7+3 slots for installation. Of course, the chassis advertised with a vertical graphics card may be designed with two graphics card slots. The horizontal graphics card and the vertical graphics card slot can be replaced with each other. The design of different chassis brands is different, but the ultimate goal is to make the graphics card both It can be installed horizontally and the graphics card can be installed vertically.
However, the problem that cannot be avoided when the graphics card is installed vertically is that once the graphics card is installed vertically, the graphics card cannot be inserted into the PEI-E graphics card slot of the motherboard, and you cannot bend the graphics card into it. You can only solve this by using the graphics card extension cable or PCI-E Extention cable and PCI-E Riser cable to solve the problem, but the use of a graphics card extension cable will cause the graphics card to lose performance, which is also an unavoidable problem. The worse the quality of the graphics card extension cable, the higher the performance loss of the graphics card.
Advantages of the vertical graphics card case:
1. Prevent damage to the graphics card and motherboard. According to the manufacturer’s propaganda, high-end graphics cards are generally longer and heavier. After a long time, the motherboard card slot and the graphics card PCB board will be deformed to a certain extent, and even cause the graphics card and the motherboard to be damaged. To prevent the graphics card from being deformed and damaged. Theoretically, it is possible to cause this situation to happen. I personally think that this kind of worry is superfluous and cannot happen at all. The current motherboards, especially mainstream and high-end motherboards, have metal reinforcements for PCI-E slots. All high-end graphics cards will have a metal backplane, which has effectively avoided this problem. Even if you are afraid of installing it horizontally, it will damage the graphics card. You can use the support of the graphics card to solve your concerns.
2. Alternative appearance. In fact, most people install the graphics card vertically for alternative and attractive appearance, especially the beautiful-looking graphics card, coupled with RGB lighting effects, through the full side of the chassis, you can directly see the front of the graphics card.
Disadvantages of the vertical graphics card chassis:
1. Performance loss The performance loss of the vertical graphics card through the graphics card extension cable is unavoidable. The worse the quality of the graphics card extension cable, the greater the performance loss, generally about 1% to 10%. The specific performance loss of the graphics card depends on the extension of the graphics card. The line itself is good or bad.
2. The price is more expensive. For the vertical installation of the graphics card, it is certain that it will bring more installation costs. First, the graphics card extension cable is the cost, which is almost dozens. Some graphics card extension cables need hundreds or even more expensive.
3. Heat dissipation If the side panel of the case and the graphics card are close together, the wind may not be absorbed, which affects the heat dissipation of the graphics card. In addition, the vertical installation of the graphics card may result in a messy air duct and worse heat dissipation.
Send your message to us:
Post time: Jun-07-2021