DB9 Female to 3.5mm Serial Cable
- Audio Stereo DC3.5 mm Jack to DB9 Female Serial Port. Fully shielded to prevent unwanted EMI/RFI interference.
- The Velocity RS-232 adapter leverages your DB9 or 3.5mm stereo audio cable to run 3-conductor RS-232 control signals between your control unit and your video display.
- This adapter is ideal for use with computers, projectors, and any control unit/display requiring 3-conductor RS-232 serial control.
- Pacage:1* 6 feet/1.8M Stereo 3.5mm to DB9 Velocity Audio/Video Cable
|Part number STC-PP018
Warranty 2 years
|Connector Plating Nickel|
|Connector A 1 – USB Type A (4pin) male
Connector B 1 – D-SUB (9 pin) female
|Cable Length 6 ft [1.8 m]
Connector Style Straight
Product Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|Package Quantity 1Shipping (Package)
Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|What’s in the Box|
USB RS232 Cable
6ft DB9 Female to 3.5mm Serial Cable Generic Serial Transfer Cable For Devices Stereo 3.5 mm Jack to DB9-F Serial Port. Primarily used to transfer Serial Data back and forth from Small devices. Wiring Schematic DB9 TRS Connector 3.5mm Pin 1-6-7-8 Pin 2 Tip – Left Pin 3 Ring – Right Pin 4 Pin 5 Shield – Ground Pin 9
Color:DB9 Female To DC 3.5mm Cable
6feet DB9 Female to 3.5mm Serial Cable
DB9Pin Serial Transfer Cable For Devices
Stereo 3.5 mm Jack to DB9 Pin Female Serial Port.
Primarily used to transfer Serial Data back and forth from Small devices.
DB9 TRS Connector / Audio DC3.5mm
Pin 1-6-7-8 open
Pin 2 Tip – Left
Pin 3 Ring – Right
Pin 4 open
Pin 5 Shield – Ground
Pin 9 open
Customer questions & answers
Question: I’m going to have to cut the DB9 end off to tie this into a control system. Can you tell me the colors of the wires and what they correspond to?
Answer: You should probably use a multimeter or some kind of continuity test to confirm which wires go to which pin. That’s your best/most accurate way and it is not difficult. Or you could just buy a 3.5mm jack and wire it yourself because it sounds like that is all you need (and don’t need the DB9)
Question: Does this cable work to transfer data from a casio digital dir y sf-7990 to a pc?
Answer: Abolutely NOT the Digital Diary Requires a Specially wired cable to make the Connection.
Question: This cable transfer data from thermometer to pc ?
Answer: Depends on the setup. This is just a cable… you would need to have hardware to get the temperature + software running on the computer to interpret the data.
1. Worked great to connect a 3.5mm serial port jack on an MFJ 464 morse code keyer-reader to a usb to db9 prolific adapter, both adapters bought on amazon. Windows 8.1 does not have hyper terminal, just google search and you will find several. In my opinion, the software by Hilgraeve worked the best for me. I am able to type on the keyboard, see it on the screen, and send the text to the 464. THIS WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO KEY CODE AND READ IT ON YOUR MONITOR. It is not designed for that. It works one way, hyper terminal software on computer to LCD screen on 464. Hope this helps.
2. Worked fine for RS232 control on my Sony Bravia XBR55X900E. Impossible to find any info online regarding Sony’s pinouts, but it seems to be the same as Samsung. Regardless, this worked for me with no modification required.
3. Very well made cable, nicely molded and works perfectly! The price was great, shipping was very fast and I’ll be using the company for more cable needs. I used this cable with the Global Cache Wi-Fi to Serial controller connected to the EX-Link port on a Samsung HDTV with Roomie Remote as the front end. Works perfectly.
4. Very good product. 100% fits description. Worked fine for the application.
5. Weird combination, but it worked with my Samsung tv.