USB to TTL Serial Cable
- Driver link :http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
- Installation guide: http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/InstallGuides.htm
- The cables are available with a 6-way SIL, 0.1″ connector
- The cables provide a fast, simple way to connect devices with a TTL level serial interface to USB
|Part number STC-PP017
Warranty 2 years
|Connector Plating Nickel|
|Connector A 1 – USB Type A (4pin) male
Connector B 1 – Dupon Housing (4-6 pin) female
|Cable Length 6 ft [1.8 m]
Connector Style Straight
Product Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|Package Quantity 1Shipping (Package)
Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|What’s in the Box|
FTDI Chipset FT232 USB Cable TTL
FTDI based USB to TTL Serial Cable are designed using the the standard FT232RL chipset.
1 – Black:GND
Customer questions & answers
Question: Has anyone actually been able to use this? Can anyone supply the pinout for the serial side? The vendor includes nothing and does not answer
Answer: It works, 1 – Black:GND
Question: Has anyone confirmed this works with Linux (on the usb side)?.
Answer: Yes, this works with Linux. I’ve used mine to program firmware into a Gotek floppy emulator from a Linux-based laptop. I used stm32flash to do the programming.
Question: Can anyone verify if it’s a real ftdi chip?
Answer: Yes, it is real , we checked the cable with MAC, it works ok. If the chip is fake, the MAC can find it and turn off.
1. The item arrived well packaged. And it seems it is a good quality cable. It used 28AWG wires and it is 3 feet long! which is really nice. I was able to disassemble the plug to see the chip and the circuit board inside it, And I have to say that it has a good FT232BL chipset. Although it is listed as 3.3v cable, but if you look at the circuit you can find that there is a 5v soldering points! which is nice, i.e. if you needed a 5v breakout board cable in the future, you can just solder these points together and disconnect the 3v!
2. This works great with Arduinos & other demo boards. ttl voltage values make it safe for other ttl logic level UART devices like the HM-05, HM-06, HC-10 blue tooth, Rasp PI, other dev mini boards also. I used them to dev apps for PIC systems. Great way to get debug info from a running app on via a UART, pipe your debug info back out the port to tera term. I used these to debug blue tooth low energy controller-peripheral configurations for products I am helping design. I also use them to configure BLE modules prior to shipping. I own a handful of these guys. Never a problem.
It runs stable for days with Tera Term & Putty, never an issue or lockup.
These won’t blue screen you on Windows 10 like some of the off brand crap used to on Windows 7.
3. Packaged Well and with the Color chart in my pictures it should get you going. I used this to program an ESP-01 and also to just monitor the serial output of a project of mine. No data flaws at all and it has a good amount of wire length.
4. This is the cable to use do a console COM connection to many different devices. I used this to unbrick a Netgear WDNR3500LV2 Router. I also like the loose pins, you need to look up the Pin assignment, I forgot where I got them. You will need a driver: Check the Chip vendor website, it worked perfectly for Windows 10, and they have most if not all OS’s covered there. Good luck
5. The cable I received appears to be of decent quality. I received a GearMo SS-TTL3VT from Serial Stuff. Others have mentioned that they’ve received cables with VCC measuring 5v and a dark colored encapsulating material around the USB plug. The VCC on the cable I received measures 3.3v, and the encapsulating material around the USB plug is as clear as a new born baby’s phlegm. I didn’t even connect the VCC to my target device though because the target device generates its own power (3.3v). I used the cable to unbrick a realtek media player on which I had corrupted the bootloader and all other available means of recovery were inoperative. It worked just fine, nothing to complain about. The FTDI cable is about the same price as this cable at every place I checked, but it is usually only sold through electronics jobbers – which makes ordering a hassle. So, net net this cable is a reasonable deal.