Active Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Transmits video from computer or tablet to monitor display; Supports video resolutions up to 2560×1440 (1440p)
- Gold-plated connectors resist corrosion, provide rigidity, and improve the signal performance
- Support AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display Technology and Nvidia Surround Display
- Compatible with Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro; Microsoft Surface Pro/Pro 2/Pro 3 (NOT Surface for Windows RT); Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, X230/X240s, L430/L440/L530/L540, T430/T440/T440s/T440p/T530/540p, W530/W540, Helix; Dell XPS 13/14/15/17, Latitude E7240/E7440, Precision M3800; Alienware 14/17/18; Acer Aspire R7/S7/V5/V7; Intel NUC; Asus Zenbook; HP Envy 14/17; Google Chromebook Pixel; Cyberpower Zeusbook Edge X6; Toshiba Satellite Pro S500, Tecra M11/A11
|Part number STC-MM023
|Active or Passive Adapter Active
Adapter Style Adapter
Output Signal DVI-D (DVI Digital)
Converter Type Format Converter
|Maximum Digital Resolutions 4k*2k/ 60Hz or 30Hz
Supported Resolutions:1920×1080 (1080p)
640×480 (480p)Wide Screen Supported Yes
|Connector A 1 -Mini DisplayPort (20 pins) Male
Connector B 1 -DVI-I (29 pins) Female
|Humidity < 85% non-condensing
Operating Temperature 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
Storage Temperature -10°C to 75°C (14°F to 167°F)
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|DP++ port (DisplayPort ++) required on video card or video source(DVI and HDMI pass-through must be supported)|
|Products Length 8 in (203.2 mm)
Enclosure Type Plastic
|Package Quantity 1Shipping (Package)|
|What’s in the Box|
Active Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Mini DisplayPort to DVI
Active Portable Adapter
The STC Active Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter is an indispensable companion for your Mac, PC, or tablet equipped with Mini DisplayPort. Connect your laptop or tablet to a monitor or projector for high-definition video streaming (1440p) with this portable adapter and a DVI cable (sold separately). Extend your desktop to a second monitor for an expanded workstation, or show presentations on a projector at school or work. The low-profile connector with molded strain-relief design increases durability.
Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 Port Compatible (Partial List)
- AMD Eyefinity video cards with Mini DisplayPort
High Definition Video
- Dual Link DVI video resolution up to 2560 x 1440 @ 60 Hz
Mirror or Extend Your Desktop
- Connect an LED monitor for an expanded workspace
Legacy Monitor Companion
- Connect an older model monitor with DVI
Question: Does this work with the surface dock? (ie, a surface pro 4 connected to the surface dock, with two active adapters from the dock to DVI monitors?)
Answer: Yes. I just bought two of these and it works perfectly.I have two surface docks and I got a pair with hdmi and a pair with DVI. They both work perfectly.
Question: Why is the seller or manufacturer of this device not addressing the misleading advertisement? Is this adapter "active" or "passive"?
Answer: I don't know boss, only the seller can answer that one for you, but I can tell you that for me they are working in an environment that requires an active adapter. (7950 Crossfire setup, quad monitors) AMD specifically specifies active adapters when addressing that number of monitors, and it would not work with the passive adapters I had before. That's as much as I can give you, hope it helps.
Question: I am told by the mfg tech support this is a DVI-d adapter. has anyone tried with DVI-i (analog) monitors with success? the customer has old monitors.
Answer: I used this *only* with older monitors (~2006 era Dell 19") and it worked fine. YMMV.
"We purchased 100 pcs STC Gold Plated Active Mini DisplayPort to DVI Male to Female Adapters for my Surface Book and Surface Docking Station.
"This is a great compact adapter. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and the docking station. The docking station had mini display ports and my monitors were DVI. This adapter was needed as others are passive and not active -- the passive do not work. This one is ACTIVE and really does work. The units came very well packaged and are solid in design. The monitor screw in points are very solid and should not come loose. The mini display port fits in snugly. Very high quality.
"Paired this with a VisionTek Products ATI Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR3 PCIE DVI Dual Plus Mini Display Port Graphics Card 900530 to use with a 3 monitor setup. Works great because it is an ACTIVE adapter that lets you use for 3 monitors in Windows 7. Had it for 2 weeks and it is running with no problems. Plug it in and it works ( requires the video card eyefinity software to be installed ). I would buy again. Oh, I did, we are using 3 of these at our office "