USB to RS232 with PL2303
- Allows any PC to connect serial devices and programs that communicate through COM ports
- 3.3 FT cable with standard USB Type A Male to standard 9-pin DB9 RS-232 serial connector
- PL-2303 Chipset for widest possible compatibility with Windows (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP), Mac, Linux, and other platforms
- Programmable baud rate from 75 bits per second to 128,000 bits per second. Plug-and-play creation of a COM port. Powered by USB – no external power needed
|Part number STC-PP011
Warranty 2 years
|Connector Plating Nickel|
|Connector A 1 – USB Type A (4pin) male
Connector B 1 – D-SUB (9 pin) male
|Cable Length 3.3 ft [1 m]
Connector Style Straight
Product Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|Package Quantity 1Shipping (Package)
Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|What’s in the Box|
USB RS232 Cable
PL-2303HX Rev D chipset for the best combination of performance and wide driver support. Drivers available for Windows 10, 8.1, 8. 7, Vista, XP, macOS/Mac OS X 10.6 and later; open source drivers included in Linux kernel 2.4.31 and later. Windows 7 – 10 automatically detects and guides driver install without disk. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface).
Works with devices with RS-232 serial ports like: other PCs with RS-232 ports, Bluetooth serial adapters, PDAs, GPS receivers, routers, firewalls, modems, printers, embedded character displays, scan tools, sonar units, embedded boards, etc. Specific devices include: Garmin eTrex GPS, Seiko Label Printer, iRobot Create, Cisco products with serial consoles, US Robotics Modems, NexStar telescopes, Equus Scan Tools, Uniden Hand Held Scanners, etc. Works with software like: HyperTerminal, TeraTerm, WinDBG, all open source serial software on Linux, etc.
Connector compatibility note
The DB9 connector has fixed female side screw in connections. For connecting to a device that also has fixed female side connectors an inexpensive DB9 Female/Female Mini Gender Changer (Coupler) will be needed.
We use only genuine Prolific chips. There has been a problem with some USB serial adapters using clone chips not actually from Prolific. These adapters will not work with Prolific’s latest drivers, thus won’t have support on recent operating systems like Windows 7 – 10. Because we only use genuine Prolific chips, our adapter is always compatible with the latest drivers from Prolific.
Customer questions & answers
Question: Can I use this for Cisco serial console to laptop ?
Answer: Yes, compatible
Question: Will this work on a dell powerconnect 2824? I need a null modem cable?
Answer: Dear customer, we suggest you to consult with DELL technical support and confirm the Serial port definition, and compare with our’s before purchase. Thanks!
Question: Does it work with a chrome book?
Answer: Dear buyer, we haven’t try this cable with it, Maybe you can have a try, please note download the drive. Any further questions, please feel free to contact back. Thanks!
1. Works very, this is the same as a Female “Null Modem” TTL Serial to USB cable, and a lot cheaper than the FTDI offering from Startech. I own both.You may need to double up with a Null modem converter for a set top box, sat box, or server appliance.Absolutely no part number apart from the Prolific chipset so you will need to label it or carefully re-bag it.
2. What’s more to say? I have a cash register that has a male connection db9/rs232 and none of my laptops or nearby devices even use a db9/rs232 connection but they all have USB-A. I’ve so far been able to change the printout of a receipt’s closing line and header but I’ll have to update on if my PLU’s go through on an export otherwise everything seems to be working fine
3. I needed a usb to serial cable to make a serial connect to a pfsense box. This item served the purpose. I did not even need to download any drivers as windows 10 recognised this immediately. The length is enough and the cable is built well. The price is also very competitive.
4. It worked with my Celeron Nexstar mount without any problems. I used Strellium software and configured it . Remember to install the usb driver that comes with the package.
5. This is a good adapter for open source operating systems.It works well with Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD.