USB Console Cable
- This usb console cable is to help those who have a PC or laptop and want to use a USB connection to connect the console port with their Cisco modem,router,firewall,switch or other serial based Cisco device. This is the exact cable to solve such problem.
- This Usb to Rj45 work with for Windows, Microsoft (HCL) certified to be compatible with Windows, no CD needed because the drivers are part of the OS distribution.Windows 10 will install it automatically. Windows 7 you will need to download and install a driver on line, http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm.
- Supports hardware flow control used to implement the CISCO break .sequence.Supports data transfer rates up to 250kbps;support remote wake up and power management .
|Part number STC-PP007
|Connector Plating Nickel|
|Connector A 1 – USB Type A (4 pin) male
Connector B 1 – RJ45 (8 pin) male
|Cable Length 6 ft [1.8 m]
Connector Style Straight
Product Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|Package Quantity 1Shipping (Package)
Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|What’s in the Box|
USB Console Cable
1. Full support for Windows, MAC and Linux, see the detailed list below.2. Microsoft (HCL) certified to be compatible with Windows, no CD needed because the drivers are part of the OS distribution.
Please note:this cable is sold specifically for use with Cisco routers or switches. The pin-out may not match other devices as there is no standard for pin connections or levels for RS-232 on RJ45 8 pin modular connectors.
Customer questions & answers
Question: Does this cable carry power?
Answer: Hi,thanks for your inquiry,this cable doen’t carry power.USB to Serial cable,RJ45 presentation and pinouts for direct connection to Cisco and other network equipment serial console ports.
Question: Does this cable work on configuring a links’s router with a Mac Pro osx?
Answer: Thanks for your inquiry my dear friend,Please note:this cable is sold specifically for use with Cisco routers or switches.The pin-out may not match other devices as there is no standard for pin connections or levels for RS-232 on RJ45 8 pin modular connectors.
Answer: Hi dear friend,No,plug and play directly to use.
1. Bought this to use with Cisco devices for console access. Installation was simple. I have not had any problem when using this cable. My old cable used to cause blue screens. This cable has not caused any issues. I would recommend and buy again. Quick tip, like most of the Cisco console cables the RJ45 end on this would not be hard to break the clip. I keep a coupler over the RJ45 end when I carry it around. Would have been better if they had put a snag-less clip on it.
2. Tried right after it arrived, working great! No need to use those 9-pin 9-pin transpose any more (9-pin 9-hole transpose signal loss is unstable)! The design and quality look good, except a little pricy, all the other five stars praise! The console line in the photo is connected to a Huawei switch and tested well! 1.8 meters of line, it might be a bit short for some case, but doesn’t matter, you can just add a straight-through line extension!
3. The cable is a good cable, however, the driver on the description does not work for all laptops. Finding correct drivers was a bit cumbersome. I have an HP Zbook G3 and the driver did not work. The 64-bit drivers in the FT-232 pack (v.2.12.28) did not work for me. However, if you have access to download from cisco.com, the drivers in the “cisco_usbconsole_driver_3_1.zip” should work (as they did work for me).
4. Excellent quality cable, and worked immediately with native driver in Win7/Win10. One great thing over most USB-to-Serial adapters is that the COM port won’t change every time you disconnect/reconnect, or change when connected to a different USB port. Very happy with this purchase.
5. Perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Windows sees it as a port and provides the corresponding Comm port in system settings as apposed to loading the driver on boot up only like my previous adapter. With this one, I can plug it in and unplug it as needed without rebooting and Windows will load the driver accordingly.