FTDI USB to rs485 Cable
- USB-RS485 converter cable provides a USB to RS485 serial interface with customized end connectors. Entire USB to RS485 translation protocol handled by the electronics over-molded in the cable
- ESD Protection for RS-485 I/O’s ±15kV Human Body Model (HBM) ±15kV EN61000-4-2 Air Gap Discharge ±8kV EN61000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- EIA/TIA-485 communication interface with low power requirements. Overmolded FT232R chipset provides single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface. Works with all Windows and Mac OS versions
- Visual indication of Power and Tx/Rx data traffic via LEDs in the transparent USB connector
|Part number STC-PP016
Warranty 2 years
|Connector Plating Nickel|
|Connector A 1 – USB Type A (4pin) male
Connector B 1 – Open
|Cable Length 6 ft [1.8 m]
Connector Style Straight
Product Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|Package Quantity 1Shipping (Package)
Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|What’s in the Box|
FTDI Chip usb to RS485 Cable
The cable works with all Windows and Mac OS versions including the latest Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.12(Sierra). The USB-RS485 cable is a USB to RS485 levels serial UART converter cable incorporating FTDI’s FT232R USB to serial UART interface IC device which handles all the USB signaling and protocols. The cable provides a fast, simple way to connect devices with an RS485 interface to USB. This cable has 6 outputs: GND(Black), Data-(Yellow), 5vPower(RED), Terminator1(Brown), Data+(Orange), Terminator 2(Green). In the cable, there is a 120 ohm resistor connected in between Terminator 1 and Terminator 2..
1. USB RS485 adapter
The FT232R is the latest device to be added to FTDI?s range of USB UART interface Integrated Circuit Devices. The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output, and the new FTDIChip-ID? security dongle feature. In addition, asynchronous and synchronous bit bang interface modes are available. USB to serial designs using the FT232R have been further simplified by fully integrating the external EEPROM, clock circuit and USB resistors onto the device.The FT232R adds two new functions compared with its predecessors, effectively making it a “3-in-1″ chip for some application areas. The internally generated clock (6MHz, 12MHz, 24MHz, and 48MHz) can be brought out of the device and used to drive a microcontroller or external logic. A unique number (the FTDIChip-ID?) is burnt into the device during manufacture and is readable over USB, thus forming the basis of a security dongle which can be used to protect customer application software from being copied.
1. Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.