FTDI USB RS232 cable
- Connect Serial DB9 (9 PIN) Devices such as a modem to a USB port on your computer. Installed as a standard Windows COM ports, Full RS-232 modem control signals, RS-232 data signals; TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND.
- Built with the Industry Leading FTDI Chipest.supports Windows 10/ Windows 8.1/ Windows 8/ Windows 7/ Windows Vista/ Windows XP/ Windows 2000 / Linux 2.4 or above /Mac OS X 10.6 and above,OpenBSD 2.9 and later & FreeBSD 4.7 and above. Simple installation,plug and play.
- Wide Compatibility: USB to RS232 adapter works with modems, ISDN Terminal Adapters, digital cameras, label writers, palm PCs, PDAs,cashier register,CNC,PLC controller,tax printer,POS, bar code scanner, label printer,and devices with DB9 SERIAL ports. Support almost all serial COM port.
|Part number STC-PP008
|Connector Plating Nickel|
|Connector A 1 – USB Type A (4 pin) male
Connector B 1 – D-SUB (9 pin) male
|Cable Length 3 ft
Connector Style Straight
Product Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|Package Quantity 1Shipping (Package)
Weight 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
|What’s in the Box|
3ft USB 2.0 to RS-232 Male DB9 Serial Converter Cable
Compatible RS232 Devices
USB to RS232 adapter works with modems, ISDN Terminal Adapters, digital cameras, label writers, palm PCs, PDAs,cashier register,CNC,PLC controller,tax printer,POS, bar code scanner, label printer, etc.
Compatible Operating System
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, Windows 2000 (Windows 7,8,10 should auto detect and install the drivers).
USB to RS232 DB9 Serial Converter Adapter Cable
1. Before buying this cable, please check the pinouts in the picture to see if your RS-232 devices’ are the same with ours.
Customer questions & answers
Question: Does anyone know this cable will let me send art to a cutter/potter from Corel Draw? I’m tired of setting up the transfering to cutter software
Answer: Yes, it works
Question: hello, i have a computer with integrated hp cpu, i would like to know if with this cable i can connect from my pc (usb) to the vga of my tv?
Answer: No. Serial is 9 pins. VGA is 15 pins.
Question: I have an old datalogc scanner with rs 232 i would like to connect that to my windows 10 pc using this adapter, will this work?
Answer: Assuming you have the proper drivers, it should.
1. I’m very happy with this purchase. I have an Aeros (URC) MX-850 Remote with a proprietary cable which requires a legacy DB9 serial connection to a PC to program it. I’m running Windows 10 on a Dell 2-in-1 laptop/tablet with only USB connectivity. This adapter worked perfectly out of the box with no driver install required. All I had to do was check Windows Device Manager for the COM Port number it used and adjust the setting accordingly in the MX Editor software. I use to have to jump through hoops with special boot processs and DOS commands to get an old generic usb/seral adapter to be seen by Windows 7. This adapter made it all so easy.
2. The product arrive on time and packaged well. it work just great. I took a star away as I did have a slight issue with the install mainly due to my old laptop and when I tried to get tech support, that was impossible and never happened. I ended up using a different laptop. Part of that star is for the design. Most people will use their finger to screw in the serial end. Its daam near impossible to do so. its bulky there and you will need to use a flat tip screw driver.
3. For the price this unit works great, the CD that came with the cable had just the right drivers and worked as expected, although the computer I had to install the drivers on does not have a CD-ROM drive so I did have to use multiple machines as the drivers did not appear to be easily found online
4. Needed this to connect a Raspberry Pi project to a Windows 10 notebook and it worked flawlessly with Microsoft’s built-in drivers. Tested it up to 115.2K baud.
5. Good USB to Serial adapter